Location – Google Map – Directions
75 km from the centre of Cape Town lies the lush, dramatic valleys of Franschhoek and the Groot Drakenstein which are internationally renowned for their wines and food production. Undoubtedly the wine and cuisine capital of southern Africa, Franschoek offers the visitor an unparalleled sensorial experience amid endless vineyards and gracious Cape Dutch farmsteads.
Rich in heritage and instrumental in South Africa’s recent past, Franschoek and Groot Drakenstein is an essential trip for any visitor to the Western Cape.
GPS – S335155 E185856
Directions from Cape Town (Estimated time: 45 mins )
- Follow N1 to Exit 47 or the Klapmuts Turn off
- Turn right under the freeway bridge up the hill
- go straight on at 4 way stop, the road goes over the railway and then take the next turning to the left to Franschoek. This turning is about
1km from the N1.
- Stay on this road for about 5km. It ends on the R45, turn right for Franschoek on the R45.
- After about 5km On the left, immediately opposite the R310 turn off to Boschendal and Stellenbosch, is the entrance to Allee Bleue Wine
estate. Lekkerwijn’s entrance is 300 meters further towards Franschhoek on the R45 on the left hand side.