Weddings at Lekkerwijn
The Bride and the Groom
Cutting The Cake
Table Setting in Courtyard
Local Choir Serenading the Bride
Bride and Groom With Friends
Our Wedding Package Highlights
- Bespoke wedding receptions: up to 100 in the homestead courtyard and larger parties in marquees.
- Beautiful spaces for your ceremony and/or wedding function.
- Use of our caterers and menus, or bring your own.
- Choices of crockery, cutlery & linen styles plus tables and chairs
- No corkage charge for using your own wines.
- Accommodation & breakfast for up to 27 guests at attractive rates.
- An experienced wedding planner.
- Rooms for the bride to prepare with her bridesmaids.
- For brides wanting to prepare for the day
the Camelia Suite, our wedding room offers an ideal venue with its mirrored dressing
room for brides and bridesmaids to prepare.
- For brides and bridegrooms the Camelia
Suite provides a wonderful place to spend
- For wedding guests, Lekkerwijn has 5
bedrooms in the main house plus 4 Units outside the main house, providing accommodation for a total of 27 guests, allowing you to recover and relax after the celebrations.
- Couples getting married can have their
wedding photos taken after the wedding in
Lekkerwijn’s grounds, while their guests are served champagne and canapes. The
party can then move on to its final reception venue in French style, or the reception can
take place at Lekkerwijn.
- Lekkerwijn can host a range of wedding
receptions from smaller intimate occasions
for up to 100 in the manor house courtyard, to larger weddings in marquees in the
grounds. The homestead, tall palm trees,
gardens and mountains provide a
spectacular setting for any wedding.
- We can provide an experienced wedding
planner to provide whatever support you
might need to design a unique wedding
reception to your preference.
- Although being in the heart of the wine
country, we do not make our own wine
(although “Lekkerwijn” wine is made next
door and can be served), so guests can
choose wines of their choice and are not
obliged to serve the wine of the estate they
are getting married on.
As well as hosting weddings which are tailored to your requirements, we also provide a range of support services for weddings taking place locally. Allee Bleue, Boschendal and Solms Delta Wine Estates are all literally next door. Rust and Vrede, Clouds, Zorgvliet, Molenvliet and various other wineland wedding venues are all short drive away.
Groot-Drakenstein’s St Georges Anglican Church is a charming thatched roof church designed by Sir Herbert Baker for Lekkerwijn’s owner Harry Pickstone and is only 1km away. It can seat 97 people. The Priest can be contacted on 021-8741120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pniel Congregational Church which seats up to 300 people. The Reverend can be contacted on +27 (0) 21 – 8851300.
Simondium’s NG Church is 4km away from Lekkerwijn. Their Rev. E Orsmond can be contact number is 021 874 1338 or by e-mail on email@example.com